Earth science is the all-embracing study of the physical, chemical and biological processes that make Earth special. At Dartmouth, we conduct research in the diverse disciplines of environmental geosciences listed below, focusing mainly on Earth surface processes.
The study of Earth surface processes often involves collaborative and interdisciplinary investigations, and we work to provide a research environment supportive of synergistic interactions.
- Environmental and Low Temperature Geochemistry
- Isotope Geochemistry
- Geomorphology and Surficial Processes
- Hydrology and Watershed Processes
- Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems
- Paleoenvironments and the Sedimentary Record
- Biogeochemistry of Soil Systems
- Geophysics and Structural Geology